Goji Berry Powder
Goji Berry Powder is the most convenient and economical way to make Living Goji Berry Juice. Unlike many of the commonly available goji juices made from fruit concentrates, making your own juice from Goji Berry Powder affords you the advantages of consuming a whole food while allowing you control of the concentration. Goji Berry Juice and Shakes are more readily assimilated than eating whole berries while retaining the nutrients of an unprocessed whole food.
Goji Berry Health Benefits
Renowned nutritionist, Dr. Earl Mindell, believes that as consumption increases, Tibetan Goji berries “will have more powerful benefits on health, wellbeing and anti-aging than any other product” he has seen in years. Dr. Mindell and others in the nutrition field have observed that Goji berries:
- strengthen the immune system
- increase energy and reduce fatigue
- reduce the effect of free radicals in the body – the anti-oxidant effect
- engender a sense of wellbeing and optimism
- help curb appetite and over-eating
Various clinical studies have shown that participants who were given Tibetan Goji berries once a day for three weeks experienced and increase in “T” cell transformation function and white blood cell activity. Those results indicated strengthened immune system response. Subjects reported improved sleeping patterns, elevated mood and increased libido. The Tibetan Goji berry has been used in traditional Mongolian and Tibetan medicine for centuries.
Nutrient Dense Goji Berries
Goji berries are packed with most of the nutrients we need to help keep us free from infection and illness, and to maintain the strength of body cells, organs and systems. Their make-up and benefits have been reported in many scientific journals.
The nutrients they contain are:
- Polysaccharides: the Tibetan Goji berry contains a high level of polysaccharides known as “Master Molecules” – LBP1, LBP2, LPB3 and LPB4 – which work together to fortify the immune system, and are not found in any other known plant.
- Vitamin C – 500 times more per ounce than oranges
- Caratenoids – richest source of all known foods or plants
- Vitamin B complex and Vitamin E
- 18 amino acids, including all 8 essential amino acids – a complete protein
- 21 trace minerals, including zinc, iron (11 mg./100 gr.), copper, calcium, selenium, germanium sesquioxide, phosphorus
- tetraterpenoids – xeaxanthine and physalin
- anti-bacterials & anti-fungals: Sesquiterpenoids: cyperone and solavetivone
- anti-inflammatory agent: beta-sitosterol
More Powerful Anti-Oxidant Effect than Common Berries
The ORAC scale is a standardized test used by the US Department of Agriculture to measure the Total Antioxidant Potency of foods and nutritional supplements. Developed by Dr. Guohua Cao, a physician and chemist with the National Institute on Aging in Baltimore. The ORAC Scale provides a precise means of determining the power of specific foods, supplements and compounds to destroy, or neutralize, free-radicals in the body; in other words, their antioxidant power. ORAC stands for “Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity,” and the measurement is expressed as “ORAC units per 100 grams” of a given food or supplement. Here’s how some common foods measure-up on the ORAC scale.
TIBETAN GOJI BERRIES – 25,300
Black berries – 2036
Blueberries – 2400
Raisins – 2830
Prunes – 5770
Scientists have found that antioxidants help boost the immune system, hence increase our resistance to disease. Compared to antioxidant supplements, raw living whole plant foods, such as Goji berries, with a high antioxidant content are most effective for promoting health and the strength of the immune system.